Matilda: The Musical
Audition Details and Requirements
The Wilmington Drama League is currently accepting video submissions to fill additional roles for their
upcoming production of Matilda: The Musical.
Director Chris Turner, Music Director Kelly Kline, and Choreographer Trish Storch are looking for
submissions for the following roles:
• Michael Wormwood: ages 11-16. Matilda’s older brother. Strong comedic actor.
• Amanda (Matilda’s school friend): ages 7-10 (plays 5-6 years old) Matilda’s friend in Miss
Honey’s class. Energetic and fun! Vocal range C4 to E5
• Nigel and Tommy (Matilda’s school friends): ages 7-10 (playing 5-6 years old) Matilda’s
friends in Miss Honey’s class. Energetic and fun! Singers, dancers, and actors. Vocal
range C4 to E5
• Kids Ensemble: boys and girls, ages 7-10: Matilda’s friends in Miss Honey’s class.
Energetic and fun! Singers, dancers, and actors.
• Teen Ensemble: ages 13-18. Male and female singers, actors, and dancers to play
various bigger school kids, and other roles.
• Adult Ensemble: ages 18 and up, Male and female singers, actors, and dancers to play
parents, big kids, and other roles.
All those interested should video themselves singing 16-32 bars of music (about one minute) and submit
the video to Director Chris Turner at email@example.com.
All video submissions are due no later than Tuesday, February 8, 2022.
Suggestions for video recording:
• Ensure that you record yourself in an area with a lot of light.
• Ensure that you record yourself in an area with no echo so we can hear you.
• Avoid standing in front of windows or areas with a lot of backlight as this will create
shadows and we won’t see you.
• When recording yourself please state your name, the song you are singing, and any
particular role you are interested in.
• Please make sure that the framing of the shot allows us to clearly see your face. We
suggest a “three-quarter body shot” or from your waist up.
• Most of all relax and have fun