INFORMATION FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN DIRECTING AT WILMINGTON DRAMA LEAGUE
The WDL selection process for next season includes (at a minimum) the following steps:
• Download the Submission Interest Form and save it to your computer. Open the PDF form using Adobe Acrobat Reader (can be downloaded for free). Complete the form, save it and then email this completed form for each submission to email@example.com
• ADC will review the submissions as they are provided. Any Chrysalis interest will be forwarded to their Board for consideration.
• If the ADC wishes to pursue one of your submissions, an interview will be arranged.
• The submitter will be notified by email if one of their submissions is being proposed for the season.
• Each submitter will also be notified via email if their submission was NOT accepted along with a rationale for it and suggestions for more successful consideration next season.
• No later than March, 2018, and assuming that sufficient submissions have been made, reviewed and approved, a final season will be completed.
BLACK BOX SUBMISSIONS … AS SPECIAL EVENTS!!
While WDL has a season comprised of five (5) main stage productions, also there is scheduling for two (2) Black Box productions.
To qualify as a Black Box production, WDL is looking for a production
• Will satisfy artistically done for one weekend (3-4 shows)
• Will use representational settings to maximize director creativity
and artistic levels
• Will be either published or unpublished works – short (10-30+
min) or long (40-90+min) or other high quality theatrical event
• Will draw passionate audiences interested in the themes and/or
dynamics of the production/event
• Will inspire marketing efforts to “draw” people to WDL for
If you are interested in submitting something of this nature, be sure to
identify it as such on the SUBMISSION FORM next to the title or in
your submission email.
• YouTube Video
SUBMISSION INTEREST FORM FOR 2018-19 SEASON
• link to the form document
• to be posted by April, 2018